Lazy Keto Diet For Weight Loss: What Is It And How Effective Is This Variant Of Ketogenic Diet?
Another variation of ketogenic diet called the lazy keto diet for weight loss is gaining traction. So what’s lazy keto all about? Is it as effective as the authentic keto diet for weight loss? Lazy keto diet is latest, trendy variation of ketogenic diet for weight loss.
- Lazy keto diet is a variant of the low carb ketogenic diet
- Lazy keto diet restricts carb intake to under 20 gm a day
- Lazy keto may not be as effective as ketogenic diet for weight loss
The keto diet has been getting immense popularity around the world. Celebrities like Huma Qureshi and Kim Kardashian have been fairly vocal about the impact of this diet on their body. This keto diet has been popularized is a quick weight solution for those who are looking to overcome a plateau in their health journey.
The high-fat, low carb diet that was developed to help alleviate symptoms of epileptic seizures. The diet is basically a fat-rich diet that change your body consumption to burn fat instead of carbohydrates. Dieters who follow the keto diet obtain over 70 per cent of their daily calories from fatty foods like ghee, egg yolk, avocado, cheese etc. But there are a number of different spins to a ketogenic diet that are now gaining popularity. Due to the extreme restriction on carbohydrate intake these variations to the keto diet were born because the diet itself is incredibly difficult to follow.
Many health experts have often raised questions on the sustainability of this diet due to its limitations. Numerous health experts are also wary about the distribution of nutrients in the diet. Carbohydrate is an essential macronutrient required by our body for energy. However, in a ketogenic diet, you drill your body to depend less on carbs and more on fats for energy. The body starts burning fat molecules for energy, thereby burning excess fats in absence of carb. But, before jumping upon this diet, it is very essential to consult a certified nutritionist and dietician.
Ketogenic dieters are only allowed to consume from carbs like grains, bread etc but only 10 percent or less of their daily calories. People experience a number of symptoms in the starting that make following ketogenic diet extremely difficult. It takes some time and consistent efforts to follow the ketogenic diet. This is why some people now follow cyclical keto diet, where they propose to have carbohydrates on some days of the week, instead of going sudden withdrawal all the days of the week. Another variation of the ketogenic diet is available called the lazy keto. It is also gaining attraction. So what’s lazy keto all about? Will it be as effective as the original ketogenic diet, in helping you lose weight? Let’s find out!
What Is Lazy Keto? How Does It Work?
Dieters just prioritizes on reducing their carbohydrate intake to less than 20 grams per day. Lazy keto diet is essentially a low carb diet. It sounds very ordinary, but dieters following the lazy keto don’t have any need to count their calories or keep a track of the consumption of the rest of the two macronutrients, fats and proteins during the day. The plan of counting every single calorie consumed and keeping track of the nutrition of every single bite can be quite challenging and sometimes, even rationally impractical. This diet has made a great deal of people on board. This extremely low amount of daily carbohydrate intake is said to help the body achieve ketosis and remain in that state. Ketosis is the state where the body starts making use of fat for energy, instead of glucose or carbs, as it normally happens.
The single most important goal of lazy keto diet is said to be to make sure the body stays in ketosis and keep yourself satiated, to burn fat quicker. It is important to eat whenever one is hungry even while following lazy keto diet. Dieters generally only consume keto-approved foods that are now extensively accessible in the stores.
Does The Lazy Keto Diet Lead To Weight Loss?
Let’s get to the most-awaited answer to the most important question of the diet- does keto diet leads to weight loss? Keto diet may actually help you with loss in the short term as it is exceedingly low in carbohydrates. Experts have claimed that the keto diet works when the lazy keto diet loses out to the original ketogenic diet, and it comes to sending your body into ketosis. To restart ketosis a sufficient amount of healthy fats and proteins to burn fat are required because limiting your carbs intake may not be enough. To make sure once the body gets into ketosis it remains so, the amount of protein and fats in your daily diet also needs to be carefully calibrated. This is where the lazy keto diet may go wrong, in spite of its evident benefits of expediency.
Remember this point that whatever type of diet you are following for weight loss, it shouldn’t be at the expense of your long term health. Consult a dietitian or certified nutritionist before planning your diet so they can help you with a scientific and balanced diet plan and in any case of the diet is causing weakness or aches stop the diet and go see a doctor.
Some Of The Foods That You Can Include In Your Lazy Keto Diet:
- Meat and Poultry: Meat and poultry are preferably the most enriched kind as they are high in protein, but you can include red meat in small quantities too
- Nuts and Seeds: Seeds are the new super food, they are loaded with nutrients and easy to eat. You can sprinkle them on salads, smoothies and shakes. There are a variety of seeds which you can choose from like Pumpkin seeds, almonds, cashews, flaxseeds, chia seeds these are known as treasures for body health. Make your own nutty trail-mix and munch on-the-go.
- Fish: Fish is another source of protein. It is full of omega-3 fatty acids that is good for brain. Fish in the source of protein helps keep you full and prevents the need to binge.
- High-Fat Dairy: Don’t keep yourself away from dairy products just because you have heard people having allergic reactions. Products such as yogurt, high-fat milk, cheese and cream are a nourishing source of protein and is extremely good for your bones. Make sure you consult your dietician before including them in your diet just to be safe.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is a Mediterranean wonder that has captured the imagination of the fitness world for quite long. Nutritious oils like olive oil, avocado oil and flaxseed oil are an excellent addition to this low-carb diet.
- Low-Carb Veggies like spinach, broccoli and tomatoes are a good pick to get a glowy skin.
- Fruits: Make sure your diet contains seasonal, juicy, and colorful fruits that has a high percentage of proteins.
(This article containing advice delivers generic information. This advice can’t be used as a substitute in any way or qualify over the medical opinion of a specialist. In any case, consult a specialist or your personal doctor first to get a better outcome by diagnosing the problem. FAADI does not claim responsibility for this information.)